St. Joseph’s are recruiting for the following positions:
SHORT-TERM CONTRACT SOCIAL WORKER (LOCUM)
The social worker will form part of the social work team the social worker and is required to act in the best interests of the child at all times.
- Ensuring that children admitted to the SJH are appropriate and that their overall needs are met and their rights are upheld at all times.
- Ensure that contact with the family members is maintained and facilitated as parents/family are crucial to the healing of the child.
- Facilitate the child’s reintegration back into his/her family/the community/alternative placement and ensure support systems are in place for their wellbeing and survival.
Key performance areas:
- Admissions and readmissions of appropriate patients to the Home.
- Ensure that a therapeutic environment is maintained within the Home.
- Play an integral role in the multi-disciplinary /therapeutic team.
- Plan for the patients’ future needs and long term care.
- Advocate for the Rights of the Child.
- Admin and report writing.
- Professional development.
Skills and requirements:
- 5 years’ experience in hospital/health environment essential.
- Ability to speak read and write Afrikaans and English.
- Xhosa would be an advantage.
- Good administration, report writing, internal and external communication skills.
- Mediation skills.
- Drive and energy.
- Critical thinking and forward planning.
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Team player.
Please send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
- All nursing staff are required to work 7/7 shifts and must be able to work night shifts.
- Relevant SANC qualifications required.
- Experience in paediatric care is essential.
- Computer literate.
Demonstrate the following competencies:
- A passion for working with children
- Drive and energy
- Proactive and demonstrate initiative
- Team player working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Desire for personal development and upskilling
- Ability to analyse and take action based on clinical observations – assess/ identify and action
- Must have an understanding of chronic life limiting and life threatening medical conditions
Please email a motivational letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Certified copies of ID and certificates will be required.